Nothing takes God by surprise. He knows every mistake we are going to make. So why it is that we have such a hard time setting goals? What do we fear? There is nothing that can separate us from God’s love, yet many of us offer excuses for not having goals. Consider that if a business owner didn’t have goals then his or her current employees wouldn’t have jobs. As we think about what we want to accomplish, we can use the following process as a guideline:
1. Identify goals and kick fear to the curb.
2. Be specific and write them down.
3. Review your goals daily.
4. GOAL = Go All In.
5. Resolve to pursue your goals even when all hell breaks loose.
6. Don’t give up.
7. Change how you think, and you change the way you live.
8. Do a monthly evaluation to determine if you are moving towards or away from your goals. Adjust as needed.
9. Don’t beat yourself up. Stop looking at what you are NOT.
10. Celebrate EVERY small victory!
We need to commit to our goals. We must be resolute in pursuing them. We cannot allow ourselves a way out. We have to cut off all possibilities that might allow us to quit. There can be no fallback plan. We cannot allow fear of failure to stop us. The Bible says over 300 times, fear NOT! God is our role model, and even HE has goals. So as you lay out your goals today, consider the following thoughts.