One boy had the discipline and tenacity to slay a giant. There were many others present who were qualified, but none stepped up to the task. David approached his giant with his mouth open speaking his faith at the problem. When you are tempted by materialism in the mall, or when you are tempted to go through that drive through instead of cooking at home, speak God’s Word at the problem. Teenager tenaciousness is an admirable example when it comes to talking back to giants.
The Bible reads, “Let the weak say ‘I am strong’” which illustrates the power of positive confession. Are your finances your Giant?
1. I do not buy what I cannot afford
2. I make good decisions
3. I choose to cook instead of eating out
4. I choose to rent a movie instead of going to the movies
5. It is my choice to make better decisions in the short term so that I can have victory long term
6. I choose to improve my finances so I can do what God wants me to do
7. I am blessed, and my legacy is blessed
8. The enemy will not eat the fruit of my labor
9. I look to God for peace, prosperity, wisdom, and direction
10. I submit to God’s will, not my own
When the temptation comes, open your mouth and speak the Word of God. Say no to now so that you can say yes to later.
May you prosper in all things, and in health as your soul prospers (John 1:2 paraphrased). The prosperity happens in your mind, then in your body, and I believe it should happen in your wallet as well. Amen!
If you would like to study further on this topic, this blog discusses insights on pages 49-53 of my book “Solving Your Money Problems.” #SYMP
Pick up your copy at SolvingYourMoneyProblems.com.